Friday, April 1, 2011

Summer Dreamin'

 Against my better judgment, because I know I really won't have time, I have decided to TRY NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month) for April. Yep, I have to blog EVERY DAY!! The theme is Sprout. I like this theme! So here goes nothing!

I am waiting not so patiently for Spring to just hurry up and get here, already. Sheesh. It's SNOWING today! SNOWING! I hate winter. So much. I have a lot to look forward to this Spring and Summer! Let's see, where to begin??

We bought a brand new, super awesome fire bowl. I LOVE campfires. LOVE THEM! S'mores and mountain pies, oh and they make cool popcorn poppers! Popping popcorn over the fire! How cool is that? I can't wait to sit outside around the fire, with our guitars and some beer. Whether it's a romantic night with my baby, or fun with friends, or roasting marshmallows with Maya and her friends. Nothing says Summer like a fire.

I am also looking forward to some healthier eating! We are joining a CSA this year. Basically, this means you buy a share in a farm, and get lots of (in our case, organic) veggies and fruits every week. It's a great way to support local, family owner farms, as well as eat organic and healthy for less than you would spend buying all your veggies separately.

I'm also growing a few things of my own this year. Nothing major, as we rent as don't have a lot of room. I am growing a small amount of carrots, sugar snap peas, green beans, tomatoes, sweet peppers, basil, and chives. I'm also going to try sunflowers, aloe, and a small variety of various wildflowers. I'm not very experienced in growing things or gardening, but I'm reading and learning as much as I can, so here's hoping it all goes well!

I also can't wait to get outdoors. I love hiking and kayaking, geocaching, and swimming. We are planning on some camping this year, also. We were hoping to buy our own Kayaks this summer, one for each of us including Maya who LOVES kayaking, but it looks like that may have to wait a little longer. No worries, we can still rent them! Oh and I finally bought The Audubon Society's Field Guide to North American Birds, so we plan on doing some bird watching, too. Maya has been reading it and is looking forward to keeping track of the different birds we find. And biking, how could I forget biking? Last summer we found a few really awesome bike trails, can't wait to visit those again and find some new ones, as well!

So, these are the things I am dreaming about, as I stare out the window at the falling snow and gray sky. Sigh.

1 comment: